This recipe is quick, easy, so delicious, and perfect for any pasta lovers with a nice crafted twist. Also, kid approved for all you mom's out there!
The ingredients in this dish makes it a family favorite and if you wish to make it versatile– add chicken, veggies, seafood, or serve as a side dish. So darn good!
For this dish, I like to toss in some steamed veggies, like broccoli, spinach, and mushrooms for all you vegetable lovers. Delish.
- 1 pound box of Penne Pasta (cooked according to directions on box )
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound of steamed brocolli
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms
- 1 pound of peeled shrimp
- 4 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper, and ginger to taste
Prepare pasta according to directions on box, drain, set aside and keep warm.
In a medium size sauce pan, over medium heat, melt butter and then add garlic, cook for 2 minutes. Next, add shrimp stirring continuously and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side for a golden brown color. Then add mushroom and broccoli, still stirring occasionally. Slowly add, alfredo sauce stirring continuously, until sauce begins to boil and thicken. Once sauce thickens, add parsley and Parmesan cheese and blend until cheese has melted. Once sauce is ready, toss in pasta stir for 2-3 minutes and serve immediately. Serve with you favorite salad.
- Great as a main or side dish.
- Serve along side or toss with precooked veggies (broccoli is terrific), chicken or seafood (shrimp and pan-seared scallops).