Meals Made in Twenty - SHRIMP SCAMPI PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS
Shrimp Scampi Pasta with Asparagus sounds unusual but when you done your grocery shopping for the month and you're super hungry with no clue what to eat. You become creative and make some crafted meals. The light lemon garlic and herb sauce packs so much fresh and amazing flavor, believe me1
This shrimp scampi pasta recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or a Sunday early dinner feast because it’s easy, comes together quickly (less than 20 minutes) and seriously tastes like fine dining, minus the big bill at the end of the night.
Ingredients for Shrimp Scampi Pasta:
1/2 lb linguine (cooked with 1 Tbsp salt + 1 Tbsp avocado olive oil)
1 lb (or 1 bundle) asparagus, rinsed
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp avocado oil
4 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 1/2 Tbsp)
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (16-20 or 21-25 count)
Sea Salt and Pepper
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 large or 2 small lemons)
1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
Grated parmesan to serve
How to Make Shrimp Scampi Pasta with Asparagus:
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add 1 Tbsp salt and 1 Tbsp olive oil and cook pasta according to package instructions until aldenté, or desired doneness (meanwhile, continue with recipe). Drain pasta, return to pot and cover to keep warm.
2. Trim asparagus to remove fibrous ends. The fastest way is by snapping off the ends and wherever they snap is where the fibrous part ends. You can also use a vegetable peeler to remove fibrous ends. Cut asparagus into thirds.
3. Place a large, deep pan over medium/high heat and add 1 Tbsp avocado oil and 1 Tbsp butter. Add asparagus, season lightly with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper and cook uncovered for 5 minutes or until crisp tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
4. In the same hot skillet, add 2 Tbsp avocado oil and 2 Tbsp butter. Once the butter is melted, add minced garlic and sautée, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Add shrimp in a single layer and season with 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Sautée until shrimp are pink and not translucent (about 2 minutes per side). Be careful not to overcook or shrimp will be tough.
5. Add 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/3 cup chopped parsley, 1 Tbsp lemon zest and stir to combine. Turn off the heat and return pasta and asparagus to the pan. Toss everything to combine and serve with grated parmesan.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #chencookingchronicles
In closing, this shrimp scampi pasta is so juicy and flavorful. Every noodle is coated with amazing fresh flavor. Enjoy!