New Makeover, Mom and Daughter Transform Bathroom in Two Days
Ariel G. Chen is a Port Saint Lucie- based interior designer and owner of The Crafted Chen, a home + lifestyle exclusive business providing crafted home accents to make your home shine. She holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Marketing and Management from Savannah College of Art and Design and a Masters in Business Administration.
We were dealing with a guest bathroom that felt stale, dated, paint color that seemed a little vintage and needed a refresh. “The immediate goal was to reconfigure the space and infuse it with modern luxury. We started by selecting a paint color that comes off as a transitional color for season to season and provides a sense of relaxation. Then seeked accents that provided that modern luxury but budget friendly. Total cost for this makeover, under $200.”
- Color Theme: Shades of warm grays and white produce a calming, not stark, result. Color is called Elemental Gray by BEHR
- Wall Art: Two identical wall art accents that spark a splashing abstract design purchased from HomeGoods.
- Shower Curtains: Inner lining is a white linen like material purchased from Ross that cast a spa feel to the bathroom and the Gray Drapes are finished in a velvet paisley design. We decided to use drapes instead of an actual curtain to enhance the luxuriness of the bathroom.
- Floor Mats: Two identical gray bath mats that feel cozy under your feet when occupying the restroom.
- Accents: Faux Plants were added for a touch of greenery that's placed in a bold sophisticated vase finished in a polished gray tone, and incense accessories from Walmart that infuses the bathroom with a raspberry scent.